*The Registrar’s Office is operating virtually. If you have questions please email our office and if you are faculty, students or staff, please use your UMail Account when contacting us.
- Summer 2020 Semester update: All summer courses will be online this year—first session, second session, and semester-long summer courses. The change also will apply to continuing education courses. Please see COVID-19 Central for all updates on this changing situation.
- Message from President Watkins: We know our students are experiencing an incredibly challenging time. Let me just say you are not alone. We will get through this together. It may be tempting to stop your studies. My message is to stay on your academic path.
- University of Utah update on COVID - 19. Beginning Monday, March 16, classes will no longer be meeting in person. For the remainder of the semester, instructors have been asked to conduct classes remotely, until the semester concludes on April 29. The Registrar’s Office will remain open but encourage students and staff to email our office using your UMail account. Please see COVID-19 Central for all updates on this changing situation.
Undergraduate students needing to take a leave of absence from the University must complete the online application. Applications may be submitted up until the last day of final exams within the term for which you would begin your leave.
- Graduation applications deadline to apply for graduation for Summer 2020 is May 20. Applications received by March 1st will have names included in the Spring Convocation Programs.
Registrar's Office COVID-19 FAQ'S
FAQ's are being updated regularly. Please check back frequently for important updates.
- Students interested in electing Credit/No Credit can find important information about how to do so on the Spring 2020 CR/NC FAQ page.
- Summer 2020 Semester will be online this year. Please visit the specific Summer 2020 FAQ page for information for both students and faculty.
- Please visit our COVID-19 FAQ page for answers to frequently asked questions and information about how the Office of the Registrar is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dates & Deadlines
- April 10: Last Day to withdraw (Semester Length and Second Half classes)
- April 17: Last day to reverse CR/NC option
- April 21: Last day of class
Spring 2020 at Utah Asia Campus
- Mar 13: Tuition Due
- Mar 13: Census Deadline
- April 10: Last day to withdraw
- Mar 23: Registration dates begin
- April 13: Open Enrollment