Skip to content

Register for Classes

Frequently Asked Questions

Updating Personal Data

How do I change my major?
Students should contact their academic department advisor to declare or change a major. Some departments may require additional preparation or procedures (application, interview, audition, or portfolio) before a student is admitted to a major.

Why do I have a hold on my record?
Holds may be placed on your record for a variety of reasons including but not limited to: financial debt, missing immunization records, parking tickets, mandatory advising, or missing admissions credentials.

You may view your hold(s) through the Campus Information Services by clicking on "Tasks" on your Student Homepage.

How can I change my name on the University records?
Submit a completed Change of Personal Information Form (PDF) to the Registration Division in person, by mail, or by fax. Note: Current employees must change their names through their payroll reporter/officer.

How can I remove my information from the Student Directory?
You can restrict other parties from viewing your personal information by logging into the Campus Information Services,  clicking on your "student profile" tile on your Student Homepage, and clicking on the "Privacy Restrictions" link. You may also complete the form to restrict information at the Registration division, Student Services Building, second floor, window 13.

Additional information regarding Student Privacy Rights is available online.

Registration and Records

Student Services Building,
2nd Floor, Window 13


Office Hours

Mon 8am-5pm
Tue 10am-5pm
Wed 8am-5pm
Thu 8am-5pm
Fri 8am-5pm

Mailing Address:

Registration and Records
201 S 1460 E Rm 250N
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-9056

Phone: (801) 581-5808
Fax: (801) 585-7860

Last Updated: 8/27/21