Skip to content

Change of Personal Information

download form buttonThe Change of Personal Information Form must be completed for any changes of name, social security number, date of birth, or gender.

The Registrar's Office changes personal information for students only. Current and former university employees must contact their payroll reporter or Human Resources.

The Change of Personal Information Form can be submitted in person, via mail, via fax or via email:

In Person: Student Services Building (SSB), second floor, window 13

Mail: Office of the Registrar, 201 S. 1460 E., Room 250 N, Salt Lake City, UT 84112-9056

Fax: (801) 585-7860

Email: Scan the form and documentation, then send to:

Official Name:

A student’s "name of record" at the University of Utah is defined as the legal name under which the student was admitted to the University of Utah.

Legal name is defined as that name verified by the approved documentation listed on the Change of Personal Information form.

Contact Us 

Office: 801-581-5808
Fax: 801-585-7860

Mailing Address

University of Utah
Office of the Registrar
201 South 1460 East, Room 250N
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112-9056

Campus Address

250N Student Services Building [MAP]

Contact Form

Last Updated: 9/14/22