Skip to content

Gender Identification


A student’s official academic record reflects the gender to which the student identified on the admission application to the University of Utah. Students who wish to change the gender designation in their official academic record must provide the registrar with:

  • a certified copy of a court order showing their change of gender, OR
  • other legal identification (e.g., revised driver’s license reflecting their gender)

Upon receipt and verification of the Change of Personal Information form and documentation, the registrar will change the student’s gender in the student’s official academic record.

For further information regarding gender changes, please contact the Registration & Records Division at (801) 581-8969.

Registration and Records

Student Services Building,
2nd Floor, Window 13


Office Hours

Mon 8am-5pm
Tue 10am-5pm
Wed 8am-5pm
Thu 8am-5pm
Fri 8am-5pm

Mailing Address:

Registration and Records
201 S 1460 E Rm 250N
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-9056

Phone: (801) 581-5808
Fax: (801) 585-7860

Last Updated: 8/27/21