Skip to content

Veteran Services: Activation for Military Duty

If you have been activated for military service, contact our office as soon as possible so that we may assist you with any issues concerning your classes, registration status, or your educational benefits.

You are welcome to fax all documentation to our office at (801) 585-7860, or send via US mail to: University of Utah Registrar’s OfficeVeteran Services Division
201 S 1460 E RM 250N
Salt Lake City, UT

What We Can Do for You:

  • We can stop your GI Bill. You will not have to repay any money paid through your activation date. Your entitlement will be restored back to the beginning of the semester.
  • We can request an official Leave of Absence for you so that you don’t have to reapply to the University of Utah upon your return.
  • If you are activated while school is in session, we can help you determine what to do with your classes for the term. Through the Registration Division, we can request withdrawals from some or all of your classes, or we can request that your courses be deleted completely.

A full tuition refund will be granted to students who properly withdraw from classes after receiving official orders that activate them for military service before the semester/term ends. In order to receive a refund under these circumstances, a student is required to submit a copy of their activation orders to the Registrar’s Office, 250N Student Services Building.

Contact Us 

Office: 801-581-5808
Fax: 801-585-7860

Mailing Address

University of Utah
Office of the Registrar
201 South 1460 East, Room 250N
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112-9056

Campus Address

250N Student Services Building [MAP]

Contact Form

Last Updated: 9/14/22