Continuing Education Credit Classes
Students who want to take classes for credit, but don't want to be formally admitted as matriculated (degree seeking) students must be admitted to the University of Utah through the Admissions Office as non-matriculated (non-degree seeking) students. For information on application deadlines and applicable fees please review the admissions process. Contact the Admissions Office at (801) 581-7281 for requirements and additional information.
- A "Summer Only" session is available to students who were registered the previous term at an accredited college or university. Contact the Admissions Office at (801) 581-7281 for additional information.
- Non-matriculated students are not limited in the number of credit hours that can be taken; however, a maximum of 30 undergraduate semester hours and 9 graduate hours may be applied to a degree upon formal admittance to the University. Students seeking a degree should make formal application for admissions as they approach the 30 or 9-hour limit.
- Credit classes for non-matriculated students are charged per credit hour using the University of Utah tuition rate. Visit the Income Accounting website for details regarding tuition rates and how to pay tuition.
- Non-matriculated students use their UNID and Password to register using the Campus Information Services after the admissions process is completed.
- Non-matriculated students are not eligible for financial aid or scholarships.
- International students are not eligible for non-matriculated status.
- For additional information, visit the Admissions Office website or call (801) 585-5220.
University of Utah
Office of the Registrar
201 South 1460 East, Room 250N
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112-9056
250N Student Services Building [MAP]