The University of Utah Verifications Division works with International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) to provide specific letters to assist international students. These letters can be obtained in person or the request can be submitted on the Campus Information Services following these instructions.
Types of Letters Available:
- Address Letters: These letters are often required when international students renew their visas. The letter verifies the student's address as it is entered into the Campus Information Services (CIS). If an international student's address is not updated, they must go to ISSS (Union Building, Room 410) to change their address.
- Invitation Letters: These letters allow international students to invite relatives to visit the University of Utah. It states the student's enrollment status, and the relatives' names and relation to the student.
- Enrollment Verification: This certificate is generated by The National Student Clearinghouse to confirm enrollment at the University of Utah.
- Class Schedule: This letter verifies the student's current class schedule.
- Verification of Transcript Request: These letters are frequently needed by embassies that are sponsoring students. The letter lists the date that the transcript was requested, the address the transcript is being sent to and specifies that the transcript will be sent after grades for the current semester are available.