Banner Pole Reservation Regulations
Please read through the following before completing the Banner Pole Reservation Request.
- Banner pole reservation requests are accommodated on a first come/first served basis. Banner
poles can be scheduled one term prior to the expected use. Example: Banner poles
for use during fall semester can be scheduled beginning the first day of summer term.
- Reservations are made in a week-long block, Saturday-Friday. A maximum of 3 banner
sites can be reserved per event for up to 2 week-long blocks. If a group wishes to
use more than 3 sites or to extend their reservation past the 2 week limit, the additional
request for poles will be accepted one week before the requested use. Scheduling
reserves the right to change the reservation to accommodate other banner pole requests.
- Banners must be removed by 5:00 PM on the last day of the reservation period. Any
banner that remains on the banner poles after this time may be removed by the group
who is scheduled to use the poles the following week. Scheduling is not responsible
for lost or stolen banners.
- Banners must clearly identify the author or sponsoring organization in accordance
with campus regulations pertaining to signs and posters (PPM 8-9, Title IV).
- Banner poles are not availalbe to non-university groups including local or national
political candidates or parties, or to ASUU elections by individual candidates or
parties. The ASUU election registrar, however, may use banner poles to encourage participation.
- Poles are positioned eight feet apart to accommodate banners as large as 4' x 8'.
Banners must be constructed of materials that can be firmly tied to the banner poles
to withstand all weather conditions.
- In accordance with University of Utah policies and procedures, signs, notices, and
posters shall not be attached to trees, buildings, walls, or other university structures
unless otherwise expressly authorized by the Scheduling Office. Messages or slogans
of any kind shall not be painted or otherwise written on trees, building, sidewalks,
grounds, fountains, walls or other university structures or surfaces, or on the personal
property of others (PPM 8-9, Title IV, B).
- See the list of banner pole locations and maps of each banner pole site.
201 S. 1460 E., Room 40
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Phone: (801) 581-7854
Fax: (801) 585-7524